By The Thai Experience
The third and final of our starters, the delicious fresh crab and prawn salad, amazingly light in our home made mayonnaise, it can be as spicy as you like and is a fantastic option for a hot day.
Crab & Prawns Salad (serves 4)
1 ½ sticks
1. Steam the crabs for 6-8 minutes then leave to cool down for 20 minutes. Poach the prawns for 2 minutes and slice.
2. During that time crush the lemongrass, ginger, cilantro roots and galangal together.
3. Take the crushed herbs and squeeze out the juices. Add in the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and mayonnaise.
4. Once the crab has cooled down, remove the meat out then mix with the mayonnaise. and sliced prawns
5. Cut the baby cucumber in halves and take out the seeds with a spoon.
6. Chop the rest of the vegetables and mix with the crab.
7. Cut the won ton sheets in 2 triangles and deep-fried them. In a plate put one triangle, serve the salad in the center and close the sandwich with the other half.
Vegetarian option: Replace fish sauce with soy sauce and the crab & prawns meat with small strips of the vegetables instead of diced vegetables.